Foster parenting is one of the most rewarding investments you can make of your life in the life of a needy child! It also provides joys, challenges and opportunities for personal growth!
Methodist Foster Care recruits, trains, certifies and supports Therapeutic Foster Families across the state of Louisiana – from St. Tammany to Caddo Parish.
Methodist Foster Care works hard to make sure our foster families are successful! We begin our work by providing the training and information required to achieve certification. Then we can conduct the required home studies and background checks to ensure our children are placed in secure, loving homes.
After being recruited, trained and certified, we work to ensure the best fit we can between a foster child and your trained, certified, therapeutic foster home. We are on call 24/7 for our foster parents!
We provide the most generous daily board rate available in Louisiana for therapeutic foster care to reimburse you for each child’s expenses for clothes, room and board, and other needs. We also provide on-going training on routine and special topics. In addition, when you need assistance or information, we are there to support you and enhance the care you provide to a child who needs a home.
These are the requirements for Therapeutic Foster Parents:
- You must be at least 25 years of age.
- You may be single or married.
- You must have a combination of 4 years of college or direct experience.
- You must be able to meet your family’s financial needs.
- You must be in sound physical and mental health.
- You must live in a home with sufficient space for a foster child.
- You must pass state and federal criminal background checks.
- You must participate in training.
- You must participate and pass a home study.
If that sounds like you, then we need to talk!
Please call our location nearest you to learn more! We look forward to your call!
Monroe Region (318) 582-2439
Hammond/Northshore/Baton Rouge Region (985) 520-2229
Alexandria Region (318) 266-8425
Lafayette Region (337) 347-9729